The next TeenYoga Ambassadors course will take place on Saturdays 3rd, 17th, 24th July online (1045-1300 plus 10 hours of offline activities each week).
Deadline for applications: 20 June 2021 (23:59 GMT)
Prices: Level One £250, Level Two £250, Level Three (Residential) £1000. Bursaries available upon request.
This course has been endorsed by the College of Medicine, and will look impressive on your UCAS form. Accreditation for the Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme is in progress.
As a registered charity, The Teen Yoga Foundation relies on your support and donations
The Teen Yoga Ambassadors course is a 3-level programme for young people between the ages of 14 and 21. The objective of the course is to qualify young people to share well-being techniques with their peers. This is achieved in 3 simple steps.
- The resident yoga teacher at the school together with school tutor choose a likely candidate from a school between the ages of 14 and 21
(it is also possible for a young person, to nominate themselves and pay for the course, please email us for details)
- When 12 students are enrolled a weekend course takes place in a local space, involving some practical tips to deal with day- to-day problems.
- They share this knowledge in their school with their peers
Teens and Teen Yoga teachers, please read our Prospectus here: Prospectus_Ambassadors_Teens
School Teachers please read our Prospectus here:
The programme has 3 levels –
- one weekend of training to deliver well-being techniques to peers informally or two weeks (20 hours) online during the pandemic
- one weekend of training to deliver well-being techniques in small groups or two weeks (20 hours) online during the pandemic
- one-week residential training towards a full Yoga Teacher Training, including the science and rationale behind certain useful yoga techniques and how to apply them to common issues such as anxiety, low mood, obesity and disengagement. This would qualify them to run larger yoga groups (up to 12).
Each level has a motivational award in the form of a yoga mat, a book, a manual and all have continued online mentor support.
The course which will also be a self-development course with no more than 12 students, is funded independently, including the venues which will be donated either by local schools or GPs. We do offer bursary places for each intake.
The course has been developed and verified by a group of young people, psychiatrists, social workers, yoga therapists and educators. It is fully evidence-based and insured and all teachers have enhanced DBS clearance. It is endorsed by the College of Medicine and by the Teen Yoga Foundation.
next dates for Level 1: 3rd, 17th and 24th July 2021
deadline for application: 20th June
founding Chief Executive of Public Health England, endorses the work of the Teen Yoga Foundation. His main purpose is to find ways for the British population to become and remain healthy and he explains his reasons for supporting yoga for young people in this video.